About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Welcome to our blog! We are friends, sisters, and photographers. We love what we do and are so thankful God has allowed us to have such an amazing opportunity to meet so many amazing people and capture their wonderful lives through the camera. Hope you take the time to check out our blog and leave a comment. We would love to hear from you!!! ~The Girls at TGC :)

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Houston Half Marathon

Here are a few pictures from last weekend's half marathon along with a video my sister shot as I was nearing the finish line at mile 13. It was quite an experience. It seemed like the whole city of Houston was out cheering us on that morning. I was so nervous, having only trained for two weeks. I had never run that long of a distance in my life. But hearing everyone encouraging you along the way was real motivation. I achieved my goal finishing the race without stopping to walk. Crossing the finish line was really the best feeling I have ever had. I am now ready to really train (more than two weeks) for the full marathon next year. I am also trying to motivate the girls to sign up for some races this year with me. So hopefully there will be more active pictures from "The Girls at TGC."

Sarah




at mile 7...before the pain started



Right after the race was over...you can tell how exhausted I was



The medal I waited for all year!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job but i can't see the video!